1. SCRIPTURE: We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, to be the inspired Work of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 5:1
2. GOD: We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and externally existing in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Revelations 4:11; Hebrews 1:3; 1 Corinthians 8:6
3. JESUS CHRIST: We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true Man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate, and in the person of the Holy Spirit, He indwells the believer. Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; 1 Corinthians 15; Hebrews 7; John 1:3-14; Romans 3:24-25; 1 Peter 2:21-25; Acts 1:9-10; I John 2:1-2
4. HOLY SPIRIT: We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict, regenerate, seal, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower for life and service. John 16:6-13; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 1:13-14; Romans 8:9; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 5:18; 1 John 2:20-27.
We believe that the Holy Spirit baptizes every believer into the body of Christ at the moment of conversion (I Corinthians 12:13). He sovereignly bestows upon regenerated believers spiritual gifts for the purpose of building up the church (Ephesians 4:7-12; 1 Corinthians 12-14). These gifts are to be used in obedience to scriptural guidelines (I Corinthians 14:12-33). With respect to the present day use of charismatic tongues, should any feel the need for public use of "tongues" we would not condemn, but would request such to seek a church fellowship of similar doctrine and practice for the sake of church harmony (I Corinthians 14:40; Ephesians 4:2-3).
5. MANKIND: We believe man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. Genesis 1:26-27, 2:17, 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:21-22; Romans 3:9-23; Ephesians 2:1-3; John 3:36.
6. SALVATION: We believe the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. Ephesians 1:3-14, 2:4-10; Titus 3:4-7; John 1:2, 3:16-36, 5:24; Romans 5:9-10; Romans 8:1.
7. ORDINANCES: We believe that baptism of believers by immersion and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during this age. Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:38, 8:12, 35-38; Colossians 2:12; Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29.
8. THE CHURCH: We believe the true Church is composed of all such persons who are regenerated by the Holy Spirit through saving faith in Jesus Christ. We believe they are united together in the Body of Christ, of which He is Lord and Head, and are commissioned for the God given task of proclaiming the Gospel to every person. Every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs in accordance with Biblical standards. We believe that VBC must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority. 2 Timothy 3:16; Acts 2:41-42; Romans 12:5; Ephesians 1:22-23, 5:23-24; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Acts 14:27.
9. CHRIST'S RETURN: We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer. Mark 13:32; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; John 14:3; 1 Corinthians 15; Revelations 1:7.
10. JUDGMENT: We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, eternal life with everlasting blessedness, and joy of the righteous and endless suffering for the wicked. Malachi 3:18; Matthew 25:34-41; John 5:28-29; Revelations 20:4-6, 11-15; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9.
11. MARRIAGE: We believe God designed marriage as a sacred institution ordained by Him to be a life-long commitment of spiritual and physical union of one man and one woman for the happiness of mankind and the propagation of the human race. We believe that sexual relations are God’s design for procreation, intimacy, and pleasure, but are to be practiced only in a marriage relationship. We also believe that God offers grace and renewal to those who have experienced failed marriages or have fallen into sexual sin. Nonetheless we are called to live in obedience to God and His Word. Accordingly, this Church, its Pastors, and staff shall not perform or sanction any marriages or unions or ceremonies of any other kind; and Church property, resources, or facilities shall not be used for such purposes. Genesis 2:18-24; Exodus 20:14; Matthew 19:1-9; Hebrews 13:4; Ephesians 2:1-5; Ephesians 5:3-8; Colossians 3:5-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11